Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Qoute Response # 5

Tuition Help for the Unemployed Gains Traction
By Anne Fisher,
http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,1892893,00.html

New Words:
"People filing for unemployment benefits would be notified that tuition assistance may be available to them, and colleges that volunteer to participate would register with DOL for reimbursement, which Casey says would come from existing funds already allocated to job retraining in the department's budget."

"Senate Democrats are working to build bipartisan support for the bill and expect to move it forward in the coming months."

Definition entries for new words from Longman Advanced Dictionary:

Allocated: To officially state that something that must be used for a particular activity.

Bipartissan: involving two political parties, especially parties with opposing views.

Explain what the words mean in the way they are used in the sentence you chose:


Allocated is used to show how the money is being used and offered to a particular group of people such as unemployed people. Just like Allocate Bipartisan is used to explain that both parties such as Democrats and Republicans are going to build and work in passing this bill to actually see two different views of what is the right thing to do.

New Idea:

"Why not study and get qualified to do something that will be marketable later?"

Just by reading this qoute I came to realize that people no a days are more open to getting and achieving a better education. I feel that it is a better opportunity to learn new things and for people who are currently unemployed to learn new things that they are not aware of such as the latest technology and new ways of doing a job better. Hopefully this could help all unemployed people to move up in a job or a position.

Tie- In:

"I've always thought about going back to school, but I probably wouldn't have done it if I hadn't gotten laid off."

This is a qoute that I have heard many of times. My mother has repeated that phrase many time. She was laid off from work in 2008 due to how bad the economy was getting. This affected me in the way that I was young and I felt like I needed all the regular stuff I was used to receiving such as new clothes everyweek and just everything I wanted. So she said to herself that going back to school would help her learn new things and even gain more confidence in her job. She said just like many other people that I know that they would had never went back to schoool but now that they had no jobs and didn't have any luck finding them they decided to go back to school.

No comments:

Post a Comment